New Years Resolutions, you either love them or hate them. If you’re here look for good New Yers resolutions then you are clearly loving them. New Years Resolutions are great tools because they help us create an annual goal.
Whether it’s sticking to a plan or trying something new, New Years Resolutions give us an opportunity to work towards something that we’ve always wanted.
You’re probably wondering, what makes a good New Years resolution?
A good New Years Resolution combines a few things :
- It’s actionable
- It’s something you truly want to accomplish
- It is realistic (to an extent)
You need to make sure you are able to accomplish your New Years resolution by making it actionable. How are you going to make this resolution become reality? Then it must be something that you truly want to accomplish. If you’re just piggy-backing off of someone else’s resolution, chances are you aren’t invested in it and aren’t going to give it 100%. And lastly it must be realistic – I’m not saying don’t push yourself but don’t make your resolution “I’m going to be a 35-unit rental property” when you’re 16 and have no source on income. Make sense?
20 Good New Years Resolutions
- Practice mindfulness – meditate daily
- Stop drinking alcohol at home after work and only drink alcohol on one of the weekend days
- Cook one new home-cooked meal every week
- Save at least $6,000 towards the down payment on a house
- Learn a new language
- Go to the gym at least 3x a week
- Stay active by walking a minimum of 10,000 steps a day
- Create a side hustle and work towards making it profitable
- Make weekly time to hang out with friends
- Visit a new place once every month
- Limit phone screen time and mindless time on social media
- Start each day with a compliment to yourself
- Pick up a new hobby
- Learn how to knit ( or crochet, or work with resin, or any creative outlet )
- Write in a daily gratitude journal
- Read for at least 30 minutes per day
- Will not let work interfere with personal life
- Stick to a new diet for 1 year
- Visit a foreign country that you’ve never been too
- Save money monthly to reach my annual goal